By Associated Press May 16 at 3:45 PM
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is hammering California for its sanctuary policies in his latest push to resist the “resistance” to his presidency.
Trump on Wednesday met with local California leaders who oppose the state’s refusal to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.
That includes failing to notify federal officials when people living in the country illegally are released from jails.
Read the Full Article originated by Associated Press: CLICK HERE
Summary: Sanctuary State Roundtable
- Last week Trump invited anti-sanctuary Los Alamitos, Orange County officials to White House to talk immigration.
- Meeting Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 3:15pm (EST).
- Invitees: Los Alamitos Mayor Troy Edgar, Councilman Warren Kusumoto and Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel, among a dozen others.
- White House attendees in addition to President Donald Trump: Cabinet and senior White House officials in the West Wing, including U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and ICE Deputy Director Thomas D. Homan.
How CAPS is leading the movement against Sanctuary Policy
- CAPS’ Executive Board Member, Michael Rivera, implores Paso Robles, CA City Council to add Sanctuary Policy to the Agenda, siting Public Safety as one of many crucial focuses: CLICK HERE
- Sign the petition to end Sanctuary Cities, our petition, started in 2015 is relevant now more than ever: CLICK HERE
- View CAPS satirical Sanctuary City video, designed and produced early in the sanctuary policy conversaton: http://www.outlawsanctuarycities.org/
- Check back with our homepage for our #stopsanctuary campaign, including an interactive map of sanctuary opt out and amicus brief filing updates for California cities and California counties