November 21, 2014
As heard on:
We open the phone lines to get our audience's response to President Obama's executive action on immigration, which he is expected to announce Thursday night. We'll also check in with some local lawmakers and an immigrant whose status is likely to be affected by the plan.
Host: Mina Kim
- Tyche Hendricks, editor for The California Report and author of "The Wind Doesn't Need a Passport: Stories from the U.S.-Mexico Borderlands"
- Enrique "Paco" Ramirez, undocumented immigrant and father of two married to a U.S. citizen; Obama's announcement means he can apply for legal status
- Dana Rohrabacher, U.S. congressman (R) representing California's 48th Congressional District
- Zoe Lofgren, U.S. congresswoman (D) representing California's 16th Congressional District
- Marc Van Der Hout, founding partner of Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, LLP and member of the board of the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers' Guild, and bember of the board of governors of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Ric Oberlink, senior writing fellow at Californians for Population Stabilization (CAPS) Segment: 33:37-36:30